16 February 2008

Thoughts and Prayers

...are with those on the Northern Illinois University campus and all those affected by the tragic shooting on Thursday. Although the gunman (Steve Kazmierczak) let out fire at NIU, he was currently enrolled as a graduate student at the University of Illinois-Champaign Urbana. He could have easily chosen UIUC as his target - the school where my little brother goes, the school I almost attended. Sadly, part of me has become detached from the all the images of violence I see on the news...but suddenly it all hit very close to home. My throat feels like it is closing up and my eyes tear just thinking of losing my brother. I cannot imagine what immense heartache is experienced those at NIU right now. At the same time, I feel such sadness for Kazmierczak's family. They lost a loved one, and I hope that we can empathize with that as well.

1 comment:

Walter Pituc said...

Aww, thanks Asepie. I love you too :)